This past weekend, the airforce base had an open house. Since that is the major thing in town, it was a pretty big deal, so I thought I should take the girls. While it was a lot of fun, I do not think I will take 2 girls by myself again. It was a little difficult with carrying the stroller onto the bus/shuttle and making sure Mikayla was right behind me and such.
It was very well planned. Security did not take long at all, and was very thorough (metal detectors and all). I did find it a little humorous that they had signs saying firearms, guns and such were not allowed. They shuttled us in. They had a lot of planes on display with several airforce men to explain then at each one. We saw a rescue plane and a rescue helicopter, and then Mikayla saw the kids activities (which meant no more planes). They had several bounce activities, arts and crafts, face painting and games- all free! The food was also reasonably priced. It was a great day.
Mikayla getting strapped into the trampoline harness- safety first!
She's ready to go.
And she's off!
I am a lot happier now that I have eaten, you should have seen me 10 minutes ago.
Don't worry, I passed the metal detectors. I have the bracelet to prove it.
No comments:
Post a Comment