Thursday, July 15, 2010

Quick update, plus baby gender

First off, there are no pictures due to the fact that we are currently homeless and I do not know where I packed the camera charger and it is dead. We moved out of our house last Wednesday, and then finished cleaning by Friday to hand the keys over to our renter. Yes, that is right, we are now landlords. It is a step in a financial investment for the future. We do not get to move in to our condo (the one we are renting since we cannot find anything we like to buy in Los Aalmos) until the 20th.

Matt and I decided that since we were homeless we would take advantage of this time and use our 2 free airline tickets and get away just the two of us since we had not done that since I was pregnant with Mikayla. So we got on hotwire and got a great deal on a hotel room and set out to Vegas for 4 days. It was wonderful! We slept in, relaxed by the pool, and walked around in the morning or evening (when it was cool). It was a much needed time away.

Also, for an update on the baby front:
It is a girl!
We are so excited for Mikayla to have a sister. I am so close to my sisters, so I am excited for that for her.

1 comment:

katherine said...

Congratulations! I agree that sisters are wonderful.

Good for you guys for getting away. Hope you find your camera charger soon. Where are you staying right now if you're homeless?