Okay, so the good news is I found my camera! We had lost it in the move, but the other day it turned up. So I can now post pictures again.
I have decided that this post will be about Los Alamos since most of my friends and family have never been there, this will give them a glimpse of our life there. I will break it up the way my sister breaks up here e-mails:
The bad:
-No target, walmart, or any other store close to that. We have a small Smiths, and that is about all. Of course there are autozone, Bealls (a tiny clothing store), and a couple other stores.
-Not many restaurants-and the ones they do have are kind of expensive we think.
-I still have not made many friends since I am commuting to Albuquerque 3 days a week to work.
The funny:
-In the mail the other day I got a letter about how to do "shelter in place" in case of a chemical or radiation emergency at the lab. (For those of you who do not know, this is where Los Alamos national Labs are located and where the Manhattan project took place). All I could think of was "where in the heck are we living". So in case of an emergency, I am ready. I do still need to buy large trash bags and duct tape. :-)
-I am not the most stylish, but I do okay in that area in a town of scientists.
The Good:
-I am enjoying small town life. I feel more relaxed with watching Mikayla in public and how friendly the people are. At the grocery store the other day, the woman behind me just started helping unload my groceries since I am pregnant.
-Everyone is so nice.
-It is beautiful living in a mountain town. Mikayla is becoming good at identifying flowers. Our deck overlooks one of the popular trails.
So that is a summary of Los Alamos.
1 comment:
I like how you organized your post! I especially like the part about feeling good about your fashion in a town of scientists :) That would make me feel good too!
Post a Comment