Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Time

I am posting about Christmas before Mikayla's birthday because her birthday photos are on the other labtop, which I left at my parents' house.  We had a great Christmas.  We celebrated with my (Michelle's) family on Christmas Eve.  We did not really open many presents since we were going to Disneyland, so my family decided not to do presents, but we had a wonderful meal. On Christmas day Matt and I put on a brunch at our house so that people could come over and watch Mikayla open presents and then we could stay home awhile.  Then we went to Matt's dad's house when she woke up from her nap, and then to his mom's to eat.  It was a nice and relaxing day.  Here are some holiday photos.  I know that some are not turned the right way, but I am not used to Matt's Mac, and am not sure how to right click since it does not have a right click button, oh well.
Matt helping Mikayla ride her new bike.  Thank you Uncle Vince! Matt's uncle owns a bike shop and at Thanksgiving Mikayla told him that she needed a bike.  She definitely knew who to ask. She calls it "my pink bike", not just bike. Only 2 years old, and already has a Specialized bike.
Opening gifts.
Our Christmas tree after Matt and finished putting the gifts under it on Christmas Eve.
Mikayla in front of the tree before we go to Christmas Eve Service.  I love this service.  How great is our God that He would send His son to us: fully God and Fully man.  What a great reminder that it is only because of God's grace and mercy that we are able to come before Him through His Son.
Matt and Mikayla riding the train to the River of Lights.  It was so crowded that we had to park at Tingley Beach and take the train.  Made for a fun adventure.
At the River of Lights.
Look at those pretty lights, daddo!


1 comment:

David and Kate said...

Beautiful decorations! I love your tree!