Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Backyard


So at the beginning of summer I said that I was going to post some pictures from our backyard, well that did not happen. So here they are! This was quite a process as we did all the work ourselves (with help from family- especially my dad). Can you believe that Matt and my dad made that patio themselves!? If you never saw our backyard before, we started with the Sahara desert. It was nothing but sand, and I now hate sand for all of the years I had to sweep and vaccuum it until we finished our yard. And "dirt" we have, we had to bring in since it is seriously sand.
This is off to the side of the backyard.
Our first garden. I had to convince Matt this was a good idea, but now we both like it. We built the planter thanks to the inspiration of Loretta's garden.
It is hard to see from here, but when sitting on the patio, you have an amazing view of the city. Doesn't my flower garden and wedding lace vines look great! (My mom helped with those as when we planted them a year and half ago, I had the worst morning sickness)


Our patio.

The amazing brick patio that my dad and matt made. We still need to go up on our wall because now we have neighbors.




2 comments:

David and Kate said...

Michelle that looks wonderful!

katherine said...

Wow! I am impressed. I'd want to eat outside all the time!