Mikayla's Birth Story
First off, I will be a better blogger than what is has seemed like lately, but things have been hectic. For those who do not know, I went in for my weekly prenatal appointment on Dec. 6, where we discovered I had developed a bad case of pre-eclampsia and was rushed to the hospital. They tried to induce, but my pre-eclampsia was getting severely worse quickly and we were being prepared for seizures and liver failure, so the doctor said that I would be in surgery in less than 5 minutes (and she was not kidding- I had a foley catheter and more IVs put in me plus some other things done within minutes). But 20 minutes later we had our baby girl. Matt got to hold her while I was being sewn up, which was precious time for him and his new daughter. I do have to say that once the spinal kicked in, after a failed epidural, the c-section was not a bad way to go at all. Unfortunately the pre-eclampsia was so bad that they could not get my blood pressure down after the delivery, so I stayed in the hospital for a week (which had its good points because Mikayla got incredible care and I got to pick a lot of people's brains on care for an infant. I had lots of help since both of us had our own nurses, and Mikayla had daily pediatrician appointments, all the tests run on her that you usually have to go in for. A lactation specialist or dula visited me at least once a day, plus my own doctor was wonderful and visited me often). We have both been discharged and are recovering with the help of family and friends. So I will add a big THANK YOU to all of you who have stayed with Mikayla and I when Matt is at work, practice or traveling, since I am not allowed to be alone for three more weeks. I am feeling better everyday! I will write more later. Bye for now. Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment