The last few weeks have brought a lot of changes lately. 1. we are moving to Los Alamos as Matt takes that head basketball coaching positions and 2. we are expecting baby #2 a few days before Thanksgiving.
We are really excited to be adding to our family. The first trimester has been really hard as I am ALWAYS sick, but I just have to keep reminding myself that it is a blessing that I am sick. I think the hardest part has been that I feel like I am not as good of a mom to Mikayla since I just can't do as much as I usually do since I feel so horrible, but slowly it is improving. It is amazing to me how much quicker you show with your second. We have had 3 ultrasounds so far, and the baby looks wonderful. Please pray for a healthy baby and also a healthy pregnancy (they are already watching me closer because with Mikayla I had severe preeclampsia- hence, the 3 ultrasounds).
As for moving, in all honesty I feel like my emotions are running all over about this (I am sure the pregnancy adds to this). I have times that I am really excited, and then last night when we went to meet all the parents, I got overwhelmed with it all since we will not know anyone, and there is not a big young adult population. We did meet the pastor and his wife of the church that we will be going to, and that set my heart some at ease. For those of you that do not know, Los Alamos is a small mountain town. There are 18,000 people about, pretty much no crime, and most people work at the labs, so the median income is about 100,000. Needless to say, we will be living on one teachers income, so we will be one of the poor ones :-) That is the blessing of this, we have decided to sell our house (a hard decision because we love our home) but we have decided to downsize and I am going to stay home. Loretta, a dear friend, gave such an encouragement when she reminded me that my home is not a house, it is where my husband is. And when I say downsizing, I mean downsizing. Most of the homes there were built by the government in the 1940s. It has been something that I have struggled with, I never thought I was materialistic, but for some reason, this has been hard, but a good time for the Lord and I. The job is a wonderful opportunity for Matt. The first year will be a building year as they have no seniors, but we are used to building years since we are at VVHS.
Now for the funny (as my sister says): I was really sick the other night and Mikayla knows that the pregnancy is why I am so sick. So she informed me that she no longer wants a baby brother or sister, she just wants a cow. :-)
I promise pictures next time, but I cannot find the cord to download them, so I could not do it today.
3 comments:
Congrats Michelle and Matt! Sounds like an exciting rest of the year! So happy to hear about the baby!
We have a lot in common. Elijah was hospitalized for breathing issues when he was 18 months and we on a nebulizer for a year. We are also moving this summer to Sedona, AZ. Jon has been hired as the area director for Young Life. I know what you mean about the emotions. It is hard to move. We don't know anyone in Sedona and it has 12,000 people and mostly retirees. We know the Young Life area director in Los Alamos, Ryan Gilbert. Let me know if you want his email address.
I meant to comment on this post before now. Congratulations on the baby on the way! So excited for you. Change can be really hard, but the changes you have coming your way sound like so much fun!
Post a Comment