Monday, February 11, 2008

2 months old!!!

Mikayla reached the 2 month mark on Feb. 7th. It was celebrated by going to the doctors :-( The doctor's visit had some good points and some bad.
The good points:
-She is now 8 lbs 9 oz- growing nicely and becoming quite big (2 lbs a month)
-They think she will have wavy or curly hair
-Everything looks good
The bad point:
-2 month appointments mean one thing---SHOTS. This was traumatic for both Mikayla and mom. My sister had told me it was not a big deal and that her daughter had not cried. Well, I thought I might need back-up just in case, so I had invited my mom, but at last minute she had to back out because she forgot her flight left about that time. So Mikayla and I went in vowing to be strong. The nurse positioned her and the second the shot went in, her eyes got so big and she screamed (one of the first screams I have heard from her) which made mom cry. It was quite traumatic for both of us, and the bad part is it is not over after that, you still need to rip the band-aids off after 15 minutes. I decided her 4 month shots are going to be her dad's responsibility.

Here are some pictures I took that day of her.


Posing for mom.

Smiles. This is the closest I can get of her smiling. It was at the end when her smile was fading.
Looking like dad in this picture. This is her favorite time of day. Right after her bath we lay her down with a space heater blowing on her, and she just stretches, and coos, and yawns.

2 comments:

katherine said...

I feel for you. I can't even be in the room when Anna gets her shots anymore. I think you are very brave to have survived it all on your own.

Rebekah said...

I didn't say Evie never cried, just that she cried at the very end of the shots. Besides, isn't it preferable that Mikayla cries for her shots and not because she has a new case of the measles!!!

Rebekah